Statement of Purpose
MATCH is organized for the purpose of providing service and support to home educators and support groups within Missouri. Services include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Providing assistance in the formation of local support groups throughout Missouri.
- Informing members of the national and state laws and keeping them up-to-date on proposed changes to these laws.
- Implementing strategies or activities necessary to protect the future freedoms of home educators in Missouri and in our nation.
- Promoting the advantages of home education over alternative forms of education outside the home.
- Helping to promote sound, high-quality home education programs for home educators for the purpose of developing Christ-like character, which will satisfy the spiritual, intellectual, physical, and emotional growth needs of their children.
- Reviewing and disseminating home education materials and information considered vital to home educators.
- Publishing newsletters.
- Planning and conducting periodic state home education conventions and other educational opportunities designed to provide information and training that will help parents and others involved with or interested in home education research and its publication.
- Supporting accurate home education research and its publication.