When: Friday, April 20, 2017 and Saturday, April 21, 2017
Where: The Butterfly Palace & Rainforest Adventure – Branson, MO
Time: 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Admission: $9.99 each tax inclusive for kids ages 4+ and parents
(Ages 3 and under are free)
Description of your Journey:
Explore Branson’s only indoor rainforest and see over 1,000 live tropical butterflies fluttering right before your very eyes! During Homeschool Days 2018, students and their families will have the chance to embark on a unique self guided journey through The Butterfly Palace where they will have the chance to explore the following:
- Live Butterfly Exhibit featuring over 1,000 live butterflies from all over the world! Exclusive live butterfly releases will be held so you can see the butterflies fly for the first time!
- Great Banyan Tree Bungee Adventure
- Emerald Forest Mirror Maze
- Living Rainforest Science Center: Exclusive Critter Encounters will be held so you can get an upclose look and learn about our reptiles and amphibians!
- Educational Videos Include the Hidden World and the ALL NEW 3D Flight of the Butterflies movie about the Monarch migration. Each movie is 15 minutes long.
UPPER Level Exploring
On the upper level of the facility, students will have the chance to explore the live butterfly exhibit, stretch their way through the Great Banyan Bungee Adventure, Watch the Hidden World and/or All NEW 3D Flight of the Butterflies movies. The following activities will be
- Create Your Own Butterfly Nectar Feeder Learning Station
- Which Butterfly AM I Activity
LOWER Level Learning
On the lower level of the facility, students will navigate their way through the Emerald Forest Mirror Maze and investigate the Living Rainforest Science Center. Inside the Science Center, Students will have the opportunity to interact with our team of reptile and amphibian experts to learn some interesting facts about some of the rainforest’s most interesting critters. They’ll get an upclose look at poison dart frogs, redeyed tree frogs, chameleons, geckos and more!
Students will also have the chance to participate in an interactive session with our staff, where they will have the chance to touch and learn about some of our most intriguing reptiles!
On the lower level of the facility, students will have the chance to stop by the following learning stations:
- Layers of the Rainforest Station: Identify where in the Rainforest some of the Butterfly Palace critters and butterflies would live!
- Which Rainforest Critter AM I Activity
Register by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling Skylar or Brittney at 417-332-2231. Deadline for registration is April 16, 2018.
Space is filling up fast!! Need a place to stay while in Branson? Check out the hotel ads.